Connecting Disciplines: "Writing and Iconography as a Windo into the Past"
Frist Center For the Visual Arts - Nashville, TN
Iyaxel Cojti is a doctoral student in archaeology, specializing in ancient Maya script and iconography. In this interactive presentation, Cojti places selected Maya objects from the exhibition Exploring Art of the Ancient Americas: The John Bourne Collection into their proper context, making important connections between language, history, and anthropology.
This program is presented in partnership with the Center for Latin American Studies (CLAS) at Vanderbilt University.
Nashville, TN 37203
- Bridgestone Arena 501 Broadway, Nashville, TN
- Ryman Auditorium 116 5th Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- Cannery Ballroom 1 Cannery Row, Nashville, TN
- 12th & Porter 114 12th Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- Ernest Tubb Record Shop 417 Broadway, Nashville, TN