Lecture: "Dressing the Part: Ritual Costume in the Mesoamerican World"
Frist Center For the Visual Arts - Nashville, TN
Dr. Annabeth Headrick's work focuses on archaeological cultures, but she incorporates traditions and beliefs of living indigenous peoples as a way to understand the past. This talk brings to life objects in the exhibition Exploring Art of the Ancient Americas: The John Bourne Collection by explaining the various costume elements and their meanings. In addition, the lecture illuminates how costume was a critical part of statecraft, war, and worship.
Nashville, TN 37203
- Bridgestone Arena 501 Broadway, Nashville, TN
- Mercy Lounge 1 Cannery Row, Nashville, TN
- 12th & Porter 114 12th Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- Nashville Public Library 615 Church St., Nashville, TN
- Puckett's Nashville 500 Church St., Nashville, TN