Shen Yun Performing Arts
Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) - Nashville, TN
Shen Yun Performing Arts will be at Andrew Jackson Hall in Nashville, TN - February 15 through February 17, 2013
Let Shen Yun take you on a journey through five thousand years of divinely inspired culture: A journey where the wisdom of ancient China, the world's finest classical Chinese dancers, gorgeous hand-crafted costumes, and massive animated backdrops come together in one spectacular performance. Bringing its all-new 2013 show to Nashville, Shen Yun is appearing for a limited engagement.
Enter a world of heavenly wonder, imperial drama, and heroic legends; a world where beauty and purity have never been lost...
Classical Chinese dance is one way in which 5,000 years of Chinese culture have been passed down and retained. It is a dance form built on profound traditional aesthetics. In its early days, it was conveyed primarily among the people, in the imperial courts, and through ancient plays. Over thousands of years, this art was continually organized and refined, with it eventually developing into the vast, systematic, and distinctly Chinese dance form that we know today.
From the moment the gong is struck to herald the beginning of the show, you know you are in for something musically memorable. The Shen Yun Orchestra masterfully blends two of the world's greatest classical music traditions, Chinese and Western. Ancient Chinese instruments such as the soul-stirring erhu and the delicate pipa lead the melody on top of a full Western orchestra, creating a dramatic new sound.
Over a million people have seen Shen Yun. Standing ovations at the world's top venues, royalty attending in Europe, sold-out shows throughout North America, and packed houses across Asia have now made Shen Yun and international phenomenon.
Nashville, TN 37219
- Bridgestone Arena 501 Broadway, Nashville, TN
- Nashville Municipal Auditorium 417 4th Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- Hard Rock Cafe 100 Broadway, Nashville, TN
- Nashville Public Library 615 Church St., Nashville, TN
- Puckett's Nashville 500 Church St., Nashville, TN
- Nashville Convention Center 601 Commerce St., Nashville, TN
- B.B. King's Blues Club 152 2nd Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- McFadden's 134 2nd Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- Coyote Ugly Nashville 154 Second Ave. N., Nashville, TN
- Past Perfect 122 3rd Ave. S., Nashville, TN
- Morton's The Steakhouse of Nashville 618 Church St., Nashville, TN
- Miss Jeanne's Dinner Theatre 135 Second Ave. N., Nashville, TN